Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
Class of 2020 represents the most academically accomplished and diverse pool in University of Richmond's history
Robins School of Business, Virginia Council of CEOs survey index falls as hiring and capital spending plateau
Crystal Hoyt assumes role of associate dean for academic affairs for Jepson School of Leadership Studies
University of Richmond receives Metropolitan Business League's Social Vision Award honoring commitment to diverse businesses
University of Richmond announces its One Book, One Richmond selection for 2016-17 academic year: 'Evicted' by Matthew Desmond
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame to recognize E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient
University of Richmond professor Samantha Seeley receives two fellowships to support American history research
University of Richmond music professor Joanna Love named as American Association of University Women fellow
Senior's Jepson Internship confirms her decision to pursue a career in international development
Internship at Arlington Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court gives Jepson student insight into courtroom leadership
UR president Ronald A. Crutcher shares his enthusiasm for music with Osher members and guests
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient.
@urichmond on Twitter
- Renowned authors Roxane Gay and Danez Smith to be featured as part of #urichmond’s Writers Series this fall: https://t.co/NaTsHWoS7l
- ❤️💙❤️ #SpiderPride https://t.co/Xi7RF8HmZq
- #urichmond is #34 on @businessinsider's list of the "50 Best Colleges in America" https://t.co/VDB9B6qO61 #spiderpride
- Today @UR_Downtown: don't miss a 30-minute lunchtime performance from Firehouse Theatre #downtownarts #urengage https://t.co/MjBOFbyX0f
- 'Future of literature' presented through #urichmond's Writers Series: https://t.co/NaTsHWGtvV
- #urichmond named one of @businessinsider's "50 Best Colleges in America" https://t.co/VDB9B6IpuB #spiderpride
- #urichmond biology professor Omar Quintero receives three-year @NIH grant to study Myosin XIX: https://t.co/WtG2YHChkZ #spiderpride
- How are we already halfway through the first week of classes!? Hope you're enjoying this gorgeous Virginia weather! https://t.co/VsZECdc3ho
- RT @URNews2Use: 'Future of #literature’ presented through Richmond’s #Writers Series https://t.co/ge01ZNn9wI @urichmond @richmondas https:/…
- RT @studyabroadUR: Announcing the 2016 Fall Film Screenings - https://t.co/OFPKS4HKBZ
- David Norris, '18, linebacker, submits a cheek swab at the bone marrow registry, hosted by Be… https://t.co/wzxNBiMFr0
- RT @racrutcher: @urichmond So pleased to have spoken to almost 900 new Spiders about UR's rich history and our alums' spirit of generosity.
- "100 years ago our students were almost all young, white Virginia Baptists. Today our students look like the world." https://t.co/gG2ClgB5us
- Classes begin on Monday for #richmond2020, the most academically accomplished & diverse pool in #urichmond's history https://t.co/WzUqMrpwZH
- President @racrutcher & Dr. Betty Neal Crutcher were there to assist #newspiders during move-in today! #richmond2020 https://t.co/qOmoFiKTHg
- "Verbum vitae et lumen scientiae." English: Word of life and light of knowledge. (2/2)
- Dean Rankine points to Cicero's guide as required reading for solutions based in the liberal arts, reminds a/b #urichmond Latin motto. (1/2)
- Dean Patrice Rankine paints a picture of 1st Century Rome that resonates with our political reality today. #humanities
- #urichmond president @racrutcher previewed critical conversations taking place this year on campus through the @JepsonSchool. #spidersmarts
- Across campus, @JacqueFetrow is officially opening the University's 187th session at Colloquy. #busydays
UR on Facebook
- So this just happened! Students battled it out in Color Wars, a Welcome Week signature event. Welcome Week is a series of programming and events to welcome Spiders back to campus and provide opportunities for students — new and returning — to meet new people and get connected to campus life. #welcomespiders
- If you're downtown at lunch today, stop by University of Richmond Downtown for a special half-hour performance from the Firehouse Theatre's Not Ready for Dinner players. #urdowntown #downtownarts
- Business Insider ranked University of Richmond #34 on its list of the "50 Best Colleges in America." #urichmond was cited for The Richmond Guarantee, a University promise to provide a fellowship for at least one summer research or internship experience for all traditional undergraduate students. #spiderpride
- The National Park Service turns 100 today. In honor of that milestone birthday, here's a #tbt to that time #urichmond students explored Death Valley, Yosemite, and other protected lands of the American West through a Sophomore Scholars in Residence program. H/t to Carly Sibilia, '17, for the words in this Travelogue from the mag. #findyourpark #nps100
- Did you realize we're already halfway through the first week of the semester!? Hope you're taking some time to enjoy this gorgeous Virginia weather in between classes! ☀️📚🕷❤️💙
- Calling all #urichmond alumni! Registration opens next week for Homecoming 2016. You won't want to miss the chance to catch up with friends on campus and to see our nationally-ranked Spider Football take on Villanova. The Collegian writes that our men on the field "face the highest expectations in years." #spiderpride
- Wednesday's this fall are going to be pretty spatial. Earlier this morning, Kim Browne kicked off the year in the spatial analysis lab, inviting students, faculty, and staff to drop by on Wednesday mornings for a crash course in mapping and GIS systems. Today, the joys of navigating campus with an algorithm that calculates the shortest distance. Next week, insights from an alum who's engaged in citizen urban planning in New York City. #spidersmarts #spiderpride #urmaps
- The RC-WC first-year block party is going strong right now across campus, with free pizza and cornhole games afoot. Welcome, #richmond2020!! #newspiders
- People under the age of 30 make the best bone marrow donors, but what's a good way to reach them? Station the football team outside d-hall on the first day classes, armed with registration forms and plenty of cotton swabs. The registry drive is part of a long-time partnership between the CAA and Be the Match.
- "A hundred years ago, our students were almost all young, white Virginia Baptists. Today, our students look like the world. I encourage you to embrace these possibilities as we build a community of true understanding and deep friendships here on campus." —President Crutcher #richmond2020 #spiderpride #newspiders
- "In my first year, I made a list of the Richmond traditions I wanted to enjoy — from athletic events to Proclamation and Investiture Nights; to One Book and the Weinstein Rosenthal Forum; from our campus-wide MLK Day of Service to Spider Nights, Ring Dance, and Commencement. I had an amazing first year, and you will, too. Engage in the life of this remarkable University. Write your own chapter in our shared Richmond story. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination." —President Crutcher to our newest Spiders ❤️💙🕷 #richmond2020!
- President Crutcher gives our #newspiders a UR history lesson — including the old rules of how to serve butter in the dining hall in Richmond's early days — at the New Student Gathering. Wonder if Spiders from those days would prefer d-hall? 😉❤️💙🕷 #richmond2020 #spiderpride
- Our #newspiders had a little extra help moving in today! President Crutcher and Dr. Betty Neal Crutcher were all smiles, even in the dreadful heat! #richmond2020
- The 187th academic session of #urichmond has officially opened. Classes don't start until Monday, but classics are timeless, as Dean Patrice Rankine illuminated in his address to a crowd of faculty and staff. Verbum vitae et lumen scientiae! #spiderpride
- Enjoy this sweet treat at d-hall after moving in today! #urmovein #newspiders #richmond2020
- Moments and memories from the start of 2016-17 at #urichmond • Roadmap 2016 and its city excurions • The triumphant return of Jersey dirt to d-hall • and much, much more
- It's baaaaack #jerseydirt
- Most people wouldn't dream of going for a hike in this weather. But most are not the first-year men of the Appalachian Trail challenge. This morning, 18 #newspiders, two #urichmond alumni, and their fearless leader began a two-day hike that will take them 40 miles along the trail before orientation begins Wednesday. We'll post a few updates as they come from down from the mountains, but for now enjoy the youthful energy and optimism as they start the hike refreshed and energized.
- The first key to success, or at least to your residence hall, is at Whitehurst Hall today, where nearly 400 #newspiders are moving in early to start their #urichmond career. #richmond2020 #spiderpride ❤️💙❤️💙
- Tomorrow, nearly half of the first-year class will arrive on campus for one of five pre-orientation programs. Our Roadmap program assistants went downtown for dinner tonight, on the eve before #newspiders move in. Over the next few days, some will hike the AT, some will take classes in kung fu and data privacy. All of them will start falling in love with the place we love, the home base of #SpiderPride. #urmovein ❤️💙🕷❤️💙