Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
Final phase of multi-year road reconfiguration project on UR campus to begin on May 9, continue through the summer
University of Richmond president, Virginia governor unveil solar array during ribbon-cutting ceremony
MEDIA ADVISORY: University of Richmond plans ribbon-cutting ceremony for solar array; President Crutcher, Gov. McAuliffe to speak
Three University of Richmond students win Robins School's Business Pitch competition with impressive betting app
Robins School of Business, Virginia Council of CEOs survey index hits highest level ever, shows need to increase hiring
Jane Chu, chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, to speak at the University of Richmond April 14
University of Richmond selected as one of MONEY and ESSENCE's 50 Best Colleges for African-Americans
University of Richmond receives competitive Beckman Foundation student research grant; fourth consecutive award for UR
University of Richmond's American Panorama Project named as one of The Chronicle of Higher Education's nine tech innovators for 2016
Robins School of Business names Scott Hetzer, retired Dominion SVP and treasurer, as its Executive of the Year
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Retired nuclear agency executive finds learning opportunities at the Osher Institute
Student research highlights the interdisciplinarity of a Jepson education
Unofficial Osher photographer appreciates a place to interact with different people and backgrounds
Top prize goes to an app described as "trivia crack meets predictive polling".
Field trip to Mount Vernon, Monticello, and Ash Lawn-Highland illuminates the leadership legacies of three U.S. presidents
Scholar-athlete gives back to her Northside Richmond neighborhood through class and volunteer work
Colleen Egan, '17, and Miriam McBride, '17, lead efforts to connect University students to experiences downtown
Partnering with local organizations shifts senior's perspective from global to local
@urichmond on Twitter
- RT @urspcs: Not too late to register for #SummerSchool @urichmond! Terms start May 9, May 16 & June 20. https://t.co/XUFFqmLsXw https://t.c…
- RT @richmondas: Ensemble in Residence @eighthblackbird gave a #tinydesk concert yesterday for @nprmusic. https://t.co/5xeRM58MRt
- RT @URNews2Use: Future Spider interviewed in this @GMA story on smart $ choices in college. #richmond2020 @urichmond @URAdmission https://…
- Grads will wear @GreenWeaver23's caps and gowns made from 100% post-consumer recycled water bottles. #spidergrad2016 https://t.co/XfJZlD5rTQ
- RT @URNews2Use: Through programs in 60 countries, more than 65 percent of the Class of 2016 went abroad. https://t.co/cqAJRnZD1j @studyabro…
- Provide feedback on the themes, mission, vision, and values that will form UR's next Strategic Plan. Learn more at https://t.co/K3wa0p70kI.
- Commencement events take place May 7–8! Visit https://t.co/7NeJkKZCvI for schedules, directions to campus, and more. https://t.co/IljFBoMwxq
- 1,000+ students to graduate from University of Richmond this weekend #spidergrad2016 https://t.co/jW6mPm86yw
- RT @PIAURSPCS: #Teachers! Interested in learning about #artsintegration? Come to the 2016 Joan Oates Institute. @urspcs #JOI2016 https://t.…
- UR senior Celine Ang awarded @FulbrightPrgrm grant to teach English in Morocco https://t.co/8zAPNmaHVe
- Final phase of multi-year road reconfiguration project on UR campus to begin on May 9, continue through the summer https://t.co/v0FcdLDGoX
- RT @URSpiderNetwork: .@urichmond alums John Lukens,'03, & Rebecca Pompano,'05, received Hartwell Individual Biomedical Research Awards! htt…
- Students traded textbooks for coloring books at the Chaplaincy's Study Break for the Soul. https://t.co/xqYI8WfIm3
- RT @URNews2Use: UR names new deans via @RTDNEWS https://t.co/5Px5FI56Go @urichmond @WesthamptonColl @richmondas https://t.co/ocv1TlqkdF
- The University community welcomes Dr. Mia Reinoso Genoni as dean of Westhampton College (@WesthamptonColl) https://t.co/MbDKDhIy1R
- RT @collegegolf: .@URSpiderWGolf wins @PatriotLeague Championship for first time: https://t.co/aBvQGlbibT https://t.co/VtNUMwWXVp
- RT @URNews2Use: .@urcommencement weekend 5/7-8; speakers are @CharlayneHG, @FBI director @jamescomey1 & @BestDesserts founder https://t.co/…
- Afikoman trivia at the Passover Seder. Looks like this table has a ringer. https://t.co/neK5MupujL
- UR is committed to sustainability on #EarthDay and every day! Learn more at https://t.co/sdX1zJQsPO.
- #protip for anyone looking for a study spot. h/t to Intro to Maps and Geovisualization course https://t.co/3X3ZgOlIYf
UR on Facebook
- The 2016 commencement ceremonies will look a bit greener this year, thanks to regalia made from recycled plastic water bottles. Each gown is made from an average of 23 bottles, and can be recycled in receptacles in the Robins Center and around campus. The University's efforts toward a zero waste commencement also include native plants, compostable cutlery, programs made of recycled paper and plant-based inks, and smaller tickets.
- Future Spider Logan Boenning and her family spoke to money coach Lynette Khalfani-Cox on Good Morning America about smart ways to cut college costs. #richmond2020
- Here's some music to enjoy with your Tuesday courtesy of eighth blackbird, our own ensemble-in-residence. Fresh off their fourth Grammy win and a MacArthur award, the group stopped by NPR for a Tiny Desk Concert yesterday. #spiderpride
- There’s still time to offer your feedback on the themes, mission, vision, and values that will form the University’s next Strategic Plan. Learn more and lend your voice by May 8 at https://strategicplan.richmond.edu/.
- The countdown is on — commencement ceremonies and events take place May 7–8! Please visit http://commencement.richmond.edu/ for schedules, directions to campus, parking information, and more. #spidergrad2016
- As Maren Miller, '18, points out, the time to pack up is upon us. Be sure to look back at the last year on the @spider_diaries Instagram account. You'll see secret study spaces, d-hall desserts, and campus wildlife straight from those who know them best.
- ICYMI: This year's University of Richmond International Education & Study Abroad photo/video contest winners? Wowza. 😳🌄🌌🌃
- The One Book, One Richmond committee announced its 2016-17 selection: "Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City" by Matthew Desmond. Chosen from among 37 books nominated by the UR community, Evicted is a brilliant and heartbreaking book that provides a ground-level view of one of the most urgent issues facing America today -- affordable housing. Find out more about the book -- and where to get a copy on campus: http://chaplaincy.richmond.edu/programs/one-book/
- “My semester abroad in Morocco was one of the best times of my life, and I’ve been trying to go back since I left,” says Celine Ang, '16. Looks like she'll have the chance, thanks to a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant grant. “As a language student myself," she says, "I have experienced how languages can be tools to broaden perspectives and to more meaningfully participate in today’s increasingly globalized world.” Congrats Celine!
- Back in 2010, exchange students Max Decarre, Dumi Ntini, Javi Iglesias, and Mads “Lenny” Lehnert were all in the same Innovation and Entrepreneurship class. They decided to leave something behind for the university that hosted them that year --- an athletics anthem called The Spider Song. We were recently reminded of the song and couldn't resist the chance to put it back out there. You can check out the history -- and listen to the song again -- at the link below. We bet you've STILL never seen somebody dribbling with eight legs. #tbt #spiderpride
- Major construction will impact campus beginning May 9. This work is the third and final phase of the reconfiguration of the campus road network called for in the 2011 Campus Master Plan.
- Looking for a reason to set the books aside? Come on over to the Wilton Center and the Forum for the Office of the Chaplaincy, University of Richmond's Study Break for the Soul. There's an iced coffee bar, plenty of snacks, coloring books and relaxation space. And of course, puppies!
- Craig Kocher, our University Chaplain and Jessie Ball duPont Chair of the Chaplaincy, will be leaving the University at the end of June to assume responsibility for a congregation near Greensboro, North Carolina. He will serve as Senior Pastor of Oak Ridge United Methodist Church. Craig’s wife, Abby, has been appointed to serve as a pastor at the same congregation.
- The University community is pleased to welcome Dr. Mia Reinoso Genoni as the next dean of Westhampton College and associate dean of the School of Arts and Sciences.
- Congratulations, Spiders!
- Afikoman trivia at the Passover Seder. Looks like this table has a ringer.
- Why is this night different from all other nights? Take a peek in the Alice Haynes Room and you'll see people gathered for song, story, and ritual during UR's annual Passover Seder. And while we'll close tonight by saying L'shana habaah b'yerushalayim (Next year in Jerusalem), we'll also be saying farewell to Campus Rabbi Andrew Goodman, who will be leaving us this summer.
- University of Richmond is committed to sustainability on #EarthDay and every other day! For example, did you know that twenty departments representing all five schools offer sustainability courses? Or that UR currently participates in the EPA's Green Power Partnership by purchasing Renewable Energy Credits and Green Power to account for 10% of the University's annual energy consumption? Learn more about UR’s commitment to reducing its environmental footprint at http://sustainability.richmond.edu/index.html.