Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
President emeritus Edward L. Ayers to appear on popular TV show 'Adam Ruins Everything' Nov. 10; show will focus on elections
University of Richmond to host event focusing on climate change research and natural resource management Nov. 11
Inauguration of Ronald A. Crutcher, University of Richmond's 10th president, slated for Oct. 30; part of Homecoming Weekend
VP of talent at Universal's Illumination Entertainment to be Robins Executive Speaker Series guest Nov. 2
University of Richmond Provost Jacquelyn S. Fetrow receives prestigious Penn State Alumni Association Alumni Fellow Award
Tim Hamilton, assistant professor of economics, examines bike-sharing programs impact on traffic congestion and automobile pollution
Senior business students share his experience as a member of the Student Managed Investment Fund
Three Jepson School students compete at the National Team Selling Competition
Senior theatre major's fascination with Mary Queen of Scots leads her to conducting research in Scotland
Client describes her experience working with the Robins School's Executive Education division
Kathryn Hurst, owner of KatHurst Marketing Services LLC, details Executive Education's services.
Acclaimed career coach discusses the relationship between gender and ambition in the workplace and how women can get ahead
Domestic and international students explore Monticello with Dr. and Mrs. Ayers
Haleigh Bass's internship takes her from the surgical room to the research lab in search of a better treatment for patients at risk of cardiac arrest
@urichmond on Twitter
- Congrats, Coach Rocco! #OneRichmond #gospiders 🕷🏈❤️💙 https://t.co/Rg8ElDaWC7
- "Fifty years hence, this is the new story we must have told." —@racrutcher https://t.co/NsQJ0vGPWC
- RT @URichmondMag: Took these within 10 mins of each other, no filter. Tonight's sunset & fog over the lake are unreal. #spiderdusk https://…
- Once again, d-hall's cake game is on point 💯 Here's to @richmondfootball taking the cake on Saturday! #onerichmond 🕷 https://t.co/Cye0nqUxiP
- RT @URNews2Use: Institute of International Education ranks @urichmond No. 3 for @URstudyabroad https://t.co/hJNl4pOBQE #OpenDoors2015
- RT @racrutcher: Wonderful #newspiderpres reception at The Music Center. Thank you, #LosAngeles @urichmond alumni and parents! https://t.co/…
- "We light candles in the hope that peace will dawn." - Chaplain Kocher at the candlelight vigil. #onerichmond https://t.co/Y1nMU1O1DN
- RT @URNews2Use: University of Richmond (@urichmond) reports students studying in #Paris are safe https://t.co/HZ18B88dBj
- "Meet people. Talk to them. Take them by the hand. Walk the paths they walk." —@studyabroadUR dean Martha Merritt on traveling well #TEDxUR
- RT @studyabroadUR: Travel tip: focus on people - go to signature sites... then ask people about them. "It's not the places I remember, but …
- Tocqueville visited ppl, not places. He wasn't checking off a list of landmarks. —@studyabroadUR dean Martha Merritt #TEDxurichmond
- RT @studyabroadUR: Dr Martha Merritt takes the stage for #TEDxUR @urichmond to discuss: Traveling w/ #Tocqueville https://t.co/sqEIN7ae1M
- At #TEDx, Jepson prof Chris von Reuden uses tools of anthropology to ask why humans care abt status/hierarchy & why it affects our health.
- RT @imjoeboe: Imperfection over perfection, hang with the moment, and put more life in your life. #TEDxUR @URNews2Use
- Explore what moves & inspires you; surround yrself w/ppl who know more than you.—Olympian & founder @KidsPlayIntl Tracy Evans #tedxurichmond
- RT @studyabroadUR: Inspired life: take an IDEA, turn it into ACTION, follow thru w/ COMMITMENT to impact someone's life. Olympian Tracy Eva…
- Being an Olympian led me down the path to figuring out how I wanted to affect others' lives. —3-time Olympian Tracy Evans #tedxurichmond
- Life is not the tangible stuff. It's the intangible stuff. —Andy Stefanovich @ urichmond #TEDx
- University is a place where we eat, live & learn together. We gather in that spirit. —Curator Daniel Yoo '18 https://t.co/iTpDtWt4nO
UR on Facebook
- From our friends at the University of Richmond Magazine comes this letter from an alumna in Paris.
- Corndog the Corgi is full of #spiderpride celebrating today's Richmond Spiders Football victory! But he might need a refresh on the rules of cornhole before the Richmond Spiders Men's Basketball game tonight... #repost by @therealjrdncx: #corndogcorgi in a cornhole. #cornception #rollspides #tailgate
- Is your car ready for the Thanksgiving break? Today in the Special Events lot (B-5) from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. the University of Richmond Police Department is sponsoring Vehicle Safety Day. Members of the UR community can have their vehicle checked for proper fluid levels, tire pressure, belts, etc., free of charge!
- Once again, d-hall's cake game is on point 💯 Here's to @richmondfootball taking the cake on Saturday! #beatwm #gospiders #onerichmond 🏈🕷🕸
- On a recent Oldham Scholar trip to New York, junior Damian Hondares reflects on the city his family left behind.
- The School of Arts and Sciences has organized two teach-ins happening this Thursday and Friday at noon in the Brown-Alley Room. The teach-ins are an opportunity for the campus community to gather to discuss recent world events, including bombings in Paris, Beirut, and Ankara. Each day’s event will feature faculty and students who have expertise or specific connections to the affected regions. All are welcome. http://bit.ly/1HTJb2J
- Schola Cantorum performed the French national anthem earlier this evening at a candlelight vigil attended by hundreds of students, faculty, and staff. Chaplain Craig Kocher reminded us that such tragedies effect as all as he led a time of reflection and lament. "We listen to music to honor the hope of human experience and light candles in the hope that peace will dawn," he told the assembly.
- Tonight, the campus community came together at the Forum in remarkable ways. Whether expressing solidarity with our brothers and sisters at #mizzou or coming together to mourn the tragedies in Paris and around the world this past week. We are truly #onerichmond and one family.
- Tonight at 6 p.m. there will be a candlelight vigil on the Forum to acknowledge the tragedies in Paris. This even is being organized by our friends in the Office of the Chaplaincy, University of Richmond.
- The Office of International Education has been actively monitoring the crisis in Paris. All UR students studying in Paris are safe.
- Wishing a Happy Veterans Day to all who have served this country. We're thankful for your service and sacrifice.
- Did you know we have 18 students certified as emergency medical technicians who respond to on-campus medical emergencies every hour of every day? Students take on 24-hour shifts while also juggling their normal daily activities. All told, each of these student volunteers spends more than 360 hours on duty each semester. Nov. 9-14 is Collegiate EMS Week -- be sure to send our own University of Richmond Emergency Medical Services (UREMS) some love.
- The sounds of new and familiar Christmas carols will fill Cannon Memorial Chapel this December. Join the Office of the Chaplaincy and the Department of Music for the 42nd annual “Candlelight Festival of Lessons and Carols” on December 6. Two identical community services will be offered, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- It's a wrap! We've just completed the annual three day fall photo shoot. Big thanks to students, faculty, and staff who helped us capture our beautiful campus community.
- Today we're going to throw back to Friday, Oct. 30, and the inauguration of Ronald A. Crutcher, University of Richmond's 10 president. If you weren't able to attend or watch via livestream — or if you just want to see the beautiful ceremony again, you can view highlights from the event in the video below. #tbt #newspiderpres
- Nobody does Homecoming on Halloween better than a Richmond Spider. #SpiderPride
- Overheard at d-hall: "I personally like the extravagant cakes," from a group of male students. We do too. We. do. too. #spiderpride #dhalldelights
- Hello, it's STC... We love this poster for Subject to Change's midnight show tonight. It's unfortunately past our bedtime, but points for making us laugh! #hellofromtheoutside
- Join the journalism department from 7:30–9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 4, at Regal Westhampton Cinema 2 for a sneak preview screening of Spotlight, starring Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Liev Schreiber, John Slattery, and Stanley Tucci. Register for your free passes at http://tinyurl.com/q7k9qxy.