Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
Betty Neal Crutcher is keynote speaker for 2016 Connecting Women of Color Conference Feb. 19, theme is 'Building Across Bridges'
University of Richmond management professor awarded grant to support research on effective design of accelerator programs
Kevin Chidwick, CEO of Elephant Auto Insurance, to be Robins School of Business C-Suite Conversation guest Feb. 17
University of Richmond featured in Princeton Review Book, 'Colleges that Pay You Back: 2016 Edition'
University of Richmond welcomes 'Just Mercy' author Bryan Stevenson as 2015-16 One Book, One Richmond keynote speaker
University of Richmond Robins School of Business, Virginia Council of CEOs survey remains positive, sales likely to increase
Retired Procter & Gamble executive Melanie Healey to be Robins School of Business C-Suite Conversation guest Feb. 2
University of Richmond President Ronald A. Crutcher signs American Campuses Act on Climate Pledge, reaffirms sustainability efforts
Inaugural program builds skills, offers networking opportunities
MacDonald, Sherman gain experience, skill
Internship equips alum for future in international human rights field
After a year abroad, Molly Rossi, '16, readjusts to life in Richmond through friendships with fellow exchange students.
Junior's research project will leave you wondering: what's a religious studies major doing working on a math project?
Bonner Scholar reflects on the power and importance of listening to others' stories
@urichmond on Twitter
- RT @RichmondBball: Richmond defeats Saint Louis, 67-53! Cline led all scorers with 18 points, Allen 15 points. #OneRichmond
- RT @RichmondBball: Congrats to head coach Chris Mooney! He picks up win No. 200 at Richmond in his 11th season. He is second all-time in wi…
- Going on a #CampusTour? Let @URAdmission student tour guides help you figure out the best ?s to ask. https://t.co/MeUtY82fS7 #SpiderVisit
- RT @URNews2Use: Prof. @ErikNielson quoted in @usatoday on #KanyeWest https://t.co/2ikP94Mu7r Join him for #hiphop panel next week https://t…
- RT @URNews2Use: #Vampires & #werewolves featured in Tucker-Boatwright Festival; pop culture meets literature https://t.co/EUKZvAf3eZ https:…
- Don't miss @artspiegelman67, the graphic novelist behind Maus. 7 p.m. Free & open to public. https://t.co/7ft1IpcMaS https://t.co/23AbLHCIv8
- RT @URichmondMag: Before we fled the snowstorm, we left a GoPro in a Puryear Hall window. Here's what amazed us 26,000 frames later. https:…
- UR will delay opening on Tuesday, January 26, until 9 a.m. For further details, visit https://t.co/0PbVrJK1wb.
- Update: UR closed today, Monday, Jan. 25. @RichmondBball vs. Davidson College game will be held at 7 p.m. https://t.co/0PbVrJK1wb.
- UR will delay opening until noon Monday, Jan. 25. For more information, visit https://t.co/DJtHJtv9TY .
- All events on Sunday, Jan. 24, scheduled at UR are cancelled. Visit https://t.co/DJtHJtv9TY for additional information.
- UPDATE: it's still snowing... #brrr ❄️❄️❄️ https://t.co/KFZNnTfwx5
- These silly geese didn't get the memo we've been closed since 10:15 a.m. #snowday https://t.co/JNsIoPSVDM
- Let the snow art begin! Stay safe and warm out there, Spiders! #brrr ❄️🕷❄️ https://t.co/O3TD6xPM1f
- Due to road conditions, Boatwright Hill is closed. Please use an alternate route when entering and exiting campus. https://t.co/DJtHJtdyvo
- RT @JacqueFetrow: Congrats! @UR_RobinsSchool Econ Prof Jonathan Wight's book "Ethics in Economics" selected 2016 Outstanding Academic Title…
- Update: UR closing at 10:15 a.m. Friday until 8 a.m. Sunday. Classes & events during this time frame are cancelled. https://t.co/SHIhDXOKUS
- UR is closing at noon Friday until 8 a.m. Sunday. All classes and events during this time frame are cancelled. https://t.co/SHIhDXOKUS
- Retired @ProcterGamble exec Melanie Healey to be @UR_RobinsSchool C-Suite Conversation guest on February 2. https://t.co/6EFe8ORf2G
- RT @URNews2Use: .@urichmond Professor @grollman's blog @conditionaccept picked as Advice Column by @insidehighered Higher Ed https://t.co/U…
UR on Facebook
- Going on a campus tour? Let University of Richmond student tour guides help you figure out the best questions to ask. http://bit.ly #CampusTour #SpiderVisit
- We have spirit, yes we do! #spiderspirit
- A memorial service for our friend and colleague Craig Kinsley will be held at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 29, in Cannon Memorial Chapel. A reception will follow in Tyler Haynes Commons, Alice Haynes Room. In honor of Dr. Kinsley's commitment to students, his family has requested that gifts may be made in his memory to the University of Richmond and designated to the Craig Kinsley Memorial Fund, which will be used to continue Dr. Kinsley's work of supporting students.
- We want to hear your ideas for this year’s coffee sleeves theme! We’re open to any and all ideas, so don’t hold back! Submit your thoughts in the comments section below or send them to University Communications at email@example.com today!
- Have an idea brewing for this year’s coffee sleeves theme? We want to hear from you! Whether it’s people or places or something else entirely — we’re open to any and all ideas, so don’t hold back! Submit your thoughts in the comments section below or send them to University Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 5.
- Friday evening, members of the campus community gathered to mark the 20th anniversary since UR's Safe Zone program was founded. Here are a few of their stories:
- Tonight, the Sharp Viewpoint Series welcomes Pulitzer Prize-winning graphic novelist Art Spiegelman for his talk titled "What the %@&*! Happened to Comics?" You won't want to miss it: 7–9 p.m. in the Alice Jepson Theatre at the Modlin Center.
- Today we're celebrating the 20th anniversary since the Safe Zone program was established at UR to educate members of the community about lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer (LGBTQ) issues and to create a network of allies who help create a community of safety and full inclusion for all its members. Join us at 4 p.m. in the Jepson Alumni Center!
- S/o to the Jepson School of Leadership Studies for another excellent event.We're looking forward to tonight's #jepsonforum, "Scientific Storytelling: Deconstructing the Media's Critical Role in Public Health," with James Hamblin. We'll be live-streaming the event on jepson.richmond.edu. Can't wait? Check out Hamblin's video series "If Our Bodies Could Talk."
- We offer condolences to our colleagues who have worked alongside Craig Kinsley for many years, and to Craig’s students. We have lost a beloved mentor, colleague, and friend.
- Campus programming is starting to kick back into gear as we thaw out from the snow storm. Tomorrow night, One Book, One Richmond will host a conversation with Thomas Haynesworth, a native Richmonder who was wrongfully convicted and imprisoned for 27 years. (This year's One Book is Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson -- there's still time to read it prior to Mr. Stevenson's visit to campus next month!)
- INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE: University of Richmond will delay opening on Tuesday, January 26, until 9 a.m. All classes or events scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. or later will be held. Classes and events scheduled to begin before that time are cancelled. We expect that Boatwright Drive will remain closed. You may enter campus through the River Road, Westhampton, or Towana entrances. Please continue to monitor http://alert.richmond.edu/ for additional information.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE: Based on updated information this morning, all classes or events scheduled for Monday, Jan. 25, are cancelled with the exception of the men's basketball game vs. Davidson College, which will be held at 7 p.m. Please continue to monitor http://alert.richmond.edu/ for additional information.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE: The University of Richmond will delay opening until noon Monday, Jan. 25. All classes or events scheduled to begin at noon or later will be held. Classes and events scheduled to begin before that time are cancelled. For additional information, please visit http://alert.richmond.edu/.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE: All events on Sunday, Jan. 24, scheduled at UR are cancelled. Visit http://alert.richmond.edu/ for additional information.
- Campus in the snow is a magical place. And we're extra thankful for the dining and facilities teams who are working hard to keep everyone safe and well-fed. #winterishere
- INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE: Due to the weather and road conditions, Boatwright Hill is closed. Please use an alternate route when entering and exiting campus.