Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
University of Richmond music professor Joanna Love named as American Association of University Women fellow
University of Richmond partners with Raise.me to offer new scholarship program focusing on individual achievements
University of Richmond adds six members to Career Services Advisory Council; CSAC advises university on career best practices
Final phase of multi-year road reconfiguration project on UR campus to begin on May 9, continue through the summer
University of Richmond president, Virginia governor unveil solar array during ribbon-cutting ceremony
MEDIA ADVISORY: University of Richmond plans ribbon-cutting ceremony for solar array; President Crutcher, Gov. McAuliffe to speak
Three University of Richmond students win Robins School's Business Pitch competition with impressive betting app
Robins School of Business, Virginia Council of CEOs survey index hits highest level ever, shows need to increase hiring
Jane Chu, chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, to speak at the University of Richmond April 14
University of Richmond selected as one of MONEY and ESSENCE's 50 Best Colleges for African-Americans
University of Richmond receives competitive Beckman Foundation student research grant; fourth consecutive award for UR
University of Richmond's American Panorama Project named as one of The Chronicle of Higher Education's nine tech innovators for 2016
Women in Economics
RSB strives to bring awareness to the gender inequality issue in the undergraduate economics major.
RSB strives to bring awareness to the gender inequality issue in the undergraduate economics major.
High achieving graduate selected as 2016 SPCS Commencement student speaker
Math instructor receives 2016 Itzkowitz Family Distinguished Adjunct Faculty Award
Living-learning course takes an interdisciplinary look at disasters and memory
From the fashion world to the Peace Corps-how The Richmond MBA brought new direction to a career.
The Richmond MBA assists MBA student in moving from non-profit sector to consulting.
Master of HR Management student reflects on the classroom experience that brought her friendship, mentorship, networking - and a job
@urichmond on Twitter
- RT @URNews2Use: Welcome Home event, #motorcycle parade for @urichmond's Dr. Heilman tomorrow morn @VAWarMemorial at 9:15 a.m. #WWII https:/…
- Ceremony to welcome home WWII veteran and UR Chancellor Dr. E. Bruce Heilman following monthlong cross-country tour https://t.co/5Rdjjapfth
- RT @racrutcher: Enjoyed spending time with @urichmond alumni and parents at tonight's reception in Cincinnati.
- RT @URichmondMag: What makes one person choose to help another, w/no promise of personal gain? @racrutcher on virtues of selflessness https…
- RT @urspcs: Check out @URichmondMag feature on @ErikNielson for a detailed look a his research on rap lyrics in criminal trials https://t.c…
- RT @URSpiderNetwork: Don't forget! Use #SpiderReunion when posting, so everyone can see your posts on @tagboard: https://t.co/1fW4nLsIBU ht…
- RT @URNews2Use: .@richmondas prof., @bread4theworld BOD chair, Sandra Joireman (@joireman) to participate in World Humanitarian Summit (@WH…
- RT @SpiderFootball: Game time at UVA has officially been set for 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3 #OneRichmond https://t.co/6bZsdChbFN
- UR music professor Joanna Love named American Association of University Women (@aauw) fellow https://t.co/QEVL73ggbE https://t.co/7Uk7DXu7uM
- .@URDining wins two @NACUFS awards recognizing residential dining concepts and retail sales! https://t.co/syrir3PDbx https://t.co/PMWWqf6svL
- New Brooklyn Nets coach and UR alum Ken Atkinson emotionally salutes Dick Tarrant via @RTDNews https://t.co/SQteLrMLCB
- UR professor awarded @SSRC_org $40,000 research grant https://t.co/DGgI8sZ6vd https://t.co/SouccZHrRA
- Graduates from the Class of 2016 share their plans for the future and reflect on their time at UR https://t.co/RR7U0fQgKR #spidergrad2016
- RT @URNews2Use: .@edward_l_ayers on @washingtonpost podcast: 'The most contested presidential election in American history" https://t.co/NU…
- UR chemistry professor receives 2016 Goldwater Scholars Faculty Mentor Award https://t.co/QhaDk7eZYK https://t.co/lMXLQzuiog
- Future UR Spider among final @GatesScholars via @RTDNEWS https://t.co/ik7EAF6mqm #richmond2020
- .@BeAGreenSpider's Big Yard Sale takes place from 8–noon on May 14 in Millhiser Gymnasium. Cash or check only. https://t.co/GSaUAnKzsM
- RT @RichmondBball: .@JohnGasaway and @ESPNCBB lists the Richmond Spiders among the top 10 mid-majors for next season #OneRichmond https://t…
- Relive the joy of commencement—see the pics your family and friends shared: https://t.co/LDy2pomtYD #spidergrad2016 https://t.co/ul9MLuGZU1
- RT @URNews2Use: .@rvasymphony summer concert series opens with cellist and UR's President Crutcher (@racrutcher) on 7/7 via @RTDNEWS https:…
UR on Facebook
- Bon voyage! This group of #urichmond student-athletes missed some of the rain and get to study abroad in Spain. #lucky #spidersabroad
- Coming back for Reunion, June 3–5? Share your memories on social media using #SpiderReunion, and then see the posts on Tagboard at http://bit.ly/25bLpCb. To see what's happening over the weekend and register, visit http://bit.ly/1GAwwfA.
- Now here's something you don't see every day. This coastal peacock spider (Maratus speciosus) is helping rep the university in parts of western Australia, and we're quite partial to his #urichmond colors and dance moves. #spidersmarts #spidersabroad
- Joanna Love, assistant professor of music, was awarded the American Fellowship for Postdoctoral Research from the American Association of University Women (AAUW). The fellowship will help support Professor Love as she works on her book, “Soda Goes Pop: Pepsi-Cola Advertising and Popular Music, 1939–2012.” http://bit.ly/1Tr48Wk
- Congratulations, University of Richmond Dining Services, for receiving two 2016 Loyal E. Horton Dining Awards from the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS)! Heilman Dining Center won the Silver award in the Residential Dining Concepts category, and Passport Café won the Silver award for Retail Sales.
- Mimi Hanaoka, assistant professor of religious studies, was awarded a $40,000 Transregional Research Junior Scholar Fellowship grant from the Social Science Research Council. Her project, “Views of the Asian Other: Educational Reform and Models of Modernity,” will explore ways in which Muslim reformists in Iran and South Asia approached Japan as a non-Western model of modernity and educational reform during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. http://bit.ly/1TdNafP
- Where will you find the Class of 2016? “We’re going to go different places in the world, across the country. Some are staying right here and doing amazing things. And I can’t wait to see where they end up — where I end up — and how we continue to connect. We’ll always be Spiders!” – Nikki Davis, ’16
- “Dr. [Carol] Parish has had a huge impact on my academic life,” said Adam Luxon, '17. “She has pushed me to pursue my interests in chemistry and math and helped me make plans for my future in the field of science.” Chemistry professor Carol Parish was awarded the 2016 Goldwater Scholars Faculty Mentor Award, celebrating her achievements as a mentor, scholar and educator. http://bit.ly/1V61jv6
- Two Spiders have been on the cutting edge of regulatory policy for unmanned aircraft systems since commercial use of drones really took off. Stephanie A. Spear and Gretchen Wherry West met at a Google event on drones and realized how much they had in common: an alma mater, a sorority, and a quirky policy specialty.
- The 19th annual Big Yard Sale will take place from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, May 14, in Millhiser Gymnasium. The event — supported by University of Richmond Sustainability — diverts material from the landfill AND serves as a fundraiser for student environmental groups and the Sierra Club. Cash or check only. For more information, visit bit.ly/1Yq8Zad.
- Relive the joy of commencement — see the photos your family and friends shared on Tagboard (bit.ly/1SSBOft). #spidergrad2016 #tbt
- Brazilian senators voted today to suspend President Dilma Rousseff and put her on trial for impeachment. She's accused of improperly using loans from government banks to cover budget gaps and fund social programs, as well as illegal campaign financing practices. The charges against Rousseff are just one example of rampant corruption and bribery scandals among the country's politicians--including many surrounding this summer's Olympic Games in Rio. Though the nation is seemingly in crisis, these corruption scandals are actually evidence of newly enacted anti-corruption laws taking effect. Law professor Andy Spalding and a team of students are capturing Brazil’s untold success story in an e-book, Olympic Anti-Corruption Report: Brazil and the Rio 2016 Summer Games, to be released serially in the months leading up to the Games in August. The first two chapters are already available online.
- Peace out, Puryear steps. Is navigating campus proving to be a bit of a challenge? Stay up-to-date on this summer's road closures and building construction at richmond.edu/visit.
- There’s still time to reserve your residence hall room for Reunion Weekend. Housing registration closes on May 20. http://goo.gl/OP3bpt #SpiderReunion
- Unable to attend this weekend's commencement events? You're in luck! Videos of the ceremonies are now available online: main (bit.ly/1ZxLV9R), University of Richmond School of Law (bit.ly/1rLJ0iX), and University of Richmond School of Professional & Continuing Studies (bit.ly/1WVVRuB). #spidergrad2016
- Award-winning journalist and civil rights activist Charlayne Hunter-Gault addressed the Class of 2016 at yesterday's main commencement ceremony. UR awarded more than 1,000 degrees during the weekend's events, including 790 bachelor’s degrees, 84 master’s degrees, 35 MBA degrees, and 151 juris doctor degrees. #spidergrad2016
- Congratulations, graduates! This is your moment! #spidergrad2016 #spiderpride
- It's almost time, Class of 2016! #spidergrad2016