Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
Robins School of Business, Virginia Council of CEOs survey index falls as hiring and capital spending plateau
Crystal Hoyt assumes role of associate dean for academic affairs for Jepson School of Leadership Studies
University of Richmond receives Metropolitan Business League's Social Vision Award honoring commitment to diverse businesses
University of Richmond announces its One Book, One Richmond selection for 2016-17 academic year: 'Evicted' by Matthew Desmond
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame to recognize E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient
University of Richmond professor Samantha Seeley receives two fellowships to support American history research
University of Richmond music professor Joanna Love named as American Association of University Women fellow
University of Richmond partners with Raise.me to offer new scholarship program focusing on individual achievements
Internship at Arlington Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court gives Jepson student insight into courtroom leadership
UR president Ronald A. Crutcher shares his enthusiasm for music with Osher members and guests
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient.
The student perspective on the issue of gender inequality in the field of economics.
Two-time University of Richmond graduate shares his experience as a member of the alumni ice hockey team.
Single mother and full-time professional proves that you can earn a degree as a working adult
@urichmond on Twitter
- RT @tim_wiseman: Proud of my @urichmond law prof @timkaine. Brilliant but won't forget talking The Band post class with him and @dpowell9
- RT @URNews2Use: @URichmond's Dan Palazzolo told @washingtonpost Kaine is a solid speaker w a broad range of governing experience. https://t…
- Former #urichmond professor Tim Kaine named #clinton VP. Guess we will see him on a bumper… https://t.co/moGI7h7kfF
- RT @URNews2Use: .@USATODAYcollege names @URichmond one of the top 10 Virginia schools. https://t.co/ui7Ki8fX29.
- Build friendships and leadership skills while exploring social justice issues — apply to #urichmond's WILL* program: https://t.co/cY97a1A2jG
- #urichmond welcomes prospective students and their families to campus July 25-29 for Virginia Private College Week https://t.co/myiN84CCO2
- RT @SpiderAthletics: It's been quite a 15 years in the @atlantic10. We're excited for many more! #OneRichmond https://t.co/63uNWvlG7z https…
- #urichmond highlighted for the amount of financial aid given to international students https://t.co/I8PT2W6nWt #spiderpride
- RT @URLawSchool: @LawProfAndy's latest chapter and video explore components of the #Olympic legacy in #Brazil: https://t.co/QFK1aVYmUu
- RT @SpiderAthletics: Highest-ever ranking for the Spiders in the @CapitalOneCup Men's Standings! https://t.co/TLKLcop8QX #OneRichmond https…
- .@urspcs is partnering with local breweries to offer new professional brewing program https://t.co/gp9bsdEzst
- RT @URLawSchool: Excited to announce that renowned con law prof @kurtlash1 will join #RichmondLaw faculty in 2017. #SpiderLawPride https://…
- RT @racrutcher: Enjoyed spending time with Spiders abroad at tonight's reception in London. https://t.co/hyBtoX9TH9
- Rising #urichmond senior T.J. Cline selected to participate in the Nike Elite Basketball Academy https://t.co/GjshOyypCI #spiderpride
- What to Listen for in Music: #urichmond president shares his enthusiasm for music with Osher members and guests https://t.co/uoUUiJSjK3
- Catch up with former Spider Baseball standout Tyler Beckwith one month after being selected in the MLB Draft https://t.co/m6hBof13dF
- RT @urspcs: SPCS dean @jamelle_wilson named by @GovernorVA McAullife to #SOL Innovations Committee: https://t.co/b3u9LY6C5g https://t.co/tg…
- #urichmond English major researches differences in adaptations of Phantom of the Opera https://t.co/Wu6HQuqE6l #spiderpride
- Celebrate 20 years of performing arts with the @ModlinCenter! Get your 2016–17 season tickets now! https://t.co/nZcJakXQ69
- #urichmond biology majors prepare for medical school through research https://t.co/7J3uhmak7G #spiderpride
UR on Facebook
- Former #urichmond professor U.S. Senator Tim Kaine was just named Hillary Clinton's vice presidential running mate. Looks like we'll be seeing his name on a bumper sticker again after all. Kaine joined the University of Richmond School of Law in 1987 as an adjunct professor and taught for six years, until he was elected to public office. After his term as governor ended in 2010, he returned for a joint appointment in the Law School and the Jepson School of Leadership Studies, before being elected to the U.S. Senate in 2012. #spiderpride
- #urichmond has seen tremendous success across its 17 intercollegiate programs since joining the Atlantic 10 in July 2001. Twelve different programs have won Atlantic 10 championships over the past 15 years, by far the highest total of any school in the league. Go Spiders! #spiderpride
- Navigating the #urichmond campus has been a little challenging this summer, but it looks like the end is in sight for construction at the intersection of Gateway Road, Westhampton Way, and Richmond Way.
- Amanda Kehoe, GC’17, a fifth grade teacher and mother of three, wanted to expand her career possibilities and stay in tune with current trends in education. With support from her family and friends, she’s now pursuing an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction through the University of Richmond School of Professional & Continuing Studies. #spiderpride
- For two years in high school, Olivia Haynes, ’18, researched her theory that looking at different adaptations of Phantom of the Opera through a historical and social lens might explain some of the changes between the versions. Now she’s continuing that research at #urichmond with the hope of producing her own film adaptation, a documentary that highlights her findings. #spiderpride
- A view like this never gets old! Happy Friday, Spiders!
- Jenci Hawthorne, ’17, and Amy Li, ’17, spent last summer at #urichmond conducting molecular biology research in assistant professor Omar Quintero's biology lab. They were studying Myosin-19 (MYO-19), a motor protein involved in the transportation of mitochondria to various parts of a cell. “We are examining MYO-19’s role in neurons to see how the growth and development of neurons is affected by the presence or near absence of the protein,” said Hawthorne. “Our research is important because defects in mitochondrial transport contribute to neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease.” #spiderpride
- ICYMI: The Richmond Times-Dispatch interviewed Dr. Crutcher about his dual roles as administrator and musician in advance of his two performances with pianist Joanne Kong this week as part of the Richmond Symphony's 2016 Summer Series.
- Happy 4th of July, Spiders!
- This early site for University of Richmond School of Law has a new lease on life. The Columbia house served the school from 1917-54, and was restored and renovated into apartments by Thalhimer Realty Partners. (S/o to Matthew Raggi, '07, vice president of the company in charge of the project.)
- This year 130 #urichmond students from more than 25 biology, physics, chemistry, and math labs came together to compete in the annual Gottwald Games. "It's a fun way for summer research students to get together as a large group and build camaraderie among the labs through a little healthy competition," said Dr. Angie Hilliker, assistant professor of biology.
- Even during the summer months the #urichmond campus is alive with activity. Here, young players attending lacrosse camp learn the fundamentals of the sport.
- Patrice Rankine, dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, opens up about his background, career in academia, hobbies, and decision to come to #urichmond:
- They waited and waited for that big envelope, but they never expected a delivery quite like this. Watch as #urichmond surprises two future Spiders. #URSpecialDelivery #Richmond2020
- Congrats to University of Richmond Swimming and Diving senior Melissa Ross, who recently found her name among an elite list of female student-athletes as a nominee for the prestigious NCAA Woman of the Year award. The award recognizes student-athletes who excel in the four areas of academics, athletics, service and leadership. #spiderpride
- Some Tuesday #urichmond wisdom from the Osher Institute at the University of Richmond School of Professional & Continuing Studies. #spiderpride
- Looking for a way to show your #SpiderSpirit in every corner of campus? Support #urichmond with a gift of $5 or more before the end of the fiscal year on June 30. Visit https://www.uronline.net/givenow.
- Congratulations to one of our own! #SpiderPride
- For your weekend reading: a great story from #urichmond magazine editor Matthew Dewald that looks at the inspiring people and events that we were proud to host last weekend when the Special Olympics Virginia brought its summer games to campus for the 32nd year. #spiderpride