Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
Africa Week Sept 7-12; lecture and film weekend to focus on theme: 'African Women Beyond Narrow Frames'
New University of Richmond students will find extra help during move-in day; President Crutcher to welcome impressive class of 2019
University of Richmond education experts offer advice to parents; back-to-school readiness important, especially in times of transition
Summer road construction concludes on campus; renovated residence halls open as students return for 2015-16 academic year
Walpole native interns at electronic music public relations firm through University of Richmond summer fellowship
San Diego native spends summer as marketing and advertising intern through summer fellowship program
University of Richmond featured in The Princeton Review book, 'The Best 380 Colleges' 2016 edition, makes several Top 20 lists
Victoria Lyon, '13, dedicates career to promoting wellness through social change
Leadership studies major focuses on creating a personalized experience for dental patients
Senior leadership studies major draws inspiration from encounters with world leaders
Recent grad studied politics related to Native Americans' struggle for identity and empowerment
@urichmond on Twitter
- An exciting month ahead! The World Rides at the University of Richmond Sept. 27 http://t.co/SCcx4MS81p #bikeonUR @urichmond @richmond2015
- Students, faculty, and staff gathered tonight for a first-gen welcome home event! Check out this sweet #spiderswag. http://t.co/TxnFUo0NEO
- RT @URCollegian: Happy birthday Professor Spear! #Legend @URJOURNALISM http://t.co/IXNP6O4Stl
- "One of the things I would love to see @urichmond is that everybody sees themselves as a citizen of the world." #newspiderpres @racrutcher
- RT @studyabroadUR: @racrutcher: "international education changed my life" @urichmond http://t.co/mcSwweibiK
- "If we're going to really prepare students to lead purposeful lives, they have to be acquainted & comfortable w/ the world." @racrutcher
- RT @southernUSA_: University of Richmond: Richmond, Virginia (via @ryan_shaw3 ) #UR #UR19 http://t.co/GfUj3F1wsR
- Everyone's suiting up for Color Wars on the River Road fields. Get over here now to join in! https://t.co/DFdEibg3uW
- Looking for a healthy lunch? @RichmondOnBroad got a nice shout-out as a new culinary classic from @rvanews http://t.co/3hT9wOjA35 #untoldrva
- Wishing all of our students & faculty a great first day of classes! If 9 a.m. has you dragging, there are ample coffee spots around campus.
- Welcome, and good luck this weekend. https://t.co/ZeLECWuPeT
- Lookin' good! Hope #playfair is a blast! https://t.co/yzh7U7bWpE
- After the Gathering, first-years made their first mark on Richmond by signing the #Richmond2019 class flag. http://t.co/yzpTIDAWyC
- RT @JepsonSchool: Welcome to @urichmond #newspiders. We can't wait to meet you! #richmond2019 #leadershipstudies #urmovein http://t.co/ZBXx…
- Great start this year at Colloquy! https://t.co/PQnY8b7OEq
- We hear that #newspiderpres @racrutcher may break out his cello skills for the academic welcome for faculty and staff. (2/2)
UR on Facebook
- Several media outlets covered the wartime surge in cycling on campus. As we prepare for the big race later this month, it's helpful to remember that biking to campus counted as part of the physical training requirement of Coach Thistlethwaite in 1942. "And believe me," said Stanley Harding, a first-year. "After pumping these hills around here, it's worth it!" #tbt #bikeonur #richmond2015
- Today's heat couldn't stop our dedicated community partners and CCE staff from connecting students eager to get to work in the city with long-term commitments to nonprofit organizations. Hat tip to the CCE fo their annual ENRICHmond community engagement fair. We love the University of Richmond-Bonner Center for Civic Engagement. #urengage
- An exciting month ahead on campus! The World Rides at the University of Richmond Sept. 27 when UR will host the start of the Men’s Elite UCI Road Race. For more details visit richmond.edu/richmond2015. #bikeonUR
- For any individuals interested in experiencing how Prof. Mike Spear utilizes his list of "F" words... it goes without saying you should read this. ;)
- Even at his (80th!) birthday celebration, journalism Prof. Mike Spear is lecturing about using those "F-words." If you are/were his student, you know what that means. (Hint: they're not four-letter words.)
- And a special thanks to Tim Wing, '19, for giving us an inside look at the action. (We were afraid to leave the sidelines.)
- If you missed Color Wars, you missed out.
- Everyone's suiting up for Color Wars on River Road fields. Get over here now to join in!
- It's a #tbt to ... last week! Check out how we welcomed #richmond2019 to campus. Hope your first week already has you loving Richmond!
- This Thursday, seniors will don togas for their annual class social. The Collegian caught up with Elizabeth Baughan, associate professor of classics and archeaology for some scholarly pointers on how to make the perfect toga. Bonus: she also talks about one of the many classical treasures down the road at the VMFA Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
- "Everybody’s up on it, you might as well go down there, too. Try the buttermilk tart for dessert or the smoked red pepper gouda cup of soup. Clearly, from all that traffic, they’re hitting on something good up in there." Guess the secret's out ... Richmond on Broad Café isn't to be missed.
- An annual tradition is back! Don't miss these events designed to kick off the school year in fun and get students connected to one of more than 150 student organizations. #curefomo
- Wishing all of our students and faculty a great first day of classes! If 9 a.m. had you dragging, there are ample coffee spots around campus. Coffee, making classes possible since 1830.
- It's "Signed Class Flag" official. The #richmond2019 crew is over at d-hall after the president's Gathering.
- Students are returning in droves to campus. And we're welcoming #newspiders from #richmond2019.
- University of Richmond first-year law students will complete a number of community service projects this weekend as part of their orientation experience. On Aug. 22, the law students have the opportunity to volunteer at four sites, including Celebrate!, Fit4Kids, Lewis Ginter Community Kitchen Garden, and Peter Paul Development Center. “Community engagement and outreach is a crucial part of the Richmond Law experience,” says Tara Casey, director of the Carrico Center for Pro Bono Service and program organizer.
- Our new president debuted at the Modlin Center during yesterday's Colloquy. Here's a brief clip of his performance courtesy of the University of Richmond Magazine.
- First-year students had some extra help as they moved into their residence halls today thanks to President Crutcher, who says he always enjoys move-in day. (Dr. Crutcher pauses for a selfie with Ashlyn Gray, '16.) http://bit.ly/1NAFcX6 #Richmond2019