Work With UsUniversity Communications works closely with liaisons across campus to educate, consult, and coordinate communications efforts across a variety of media while ensuring consistency in the University’s messaging.
Web Development and StrategyTogether, University Communications and Web Services drive the integrated and centralized web strategy for the University of Richmond. The Web Team collaborates with campus units to build and maintain a modern web presence that maximizes user experience and effectively tells the University's story.
University PublicationsUniversity Communications produces both University of Richmond Magazine and Richmond Law. The two publications inform an intelligent, diverse constituency about the far-reaching work at the University, express its unique personality, and inspire the fruitful engagement of alumni and others with our distinctive educational mission.
University of Richmond receives Metropolitan Business League's Social Vision Award honoring commitment to diverse businesses
University of Richmond announces its One Book, One Richmond selection for 2016-17 academic year: 'Evicted' by Matthew Desmond
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame to recognize E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient
University of Richmond professor Samantha Seeley receives two fellowships to support American history research
University of Richmond music professor Joanna Love named as American Association of University Women fellow
University of Richmond partners with Raise.me to offer new scholarship program focusing on individual achievements
University of Richmond adds six members to Career Services Advisory Council; CSAC advises university on career best practices
Final phase of multi-year road reconfiguration project on UR campus to begin on May 9, continue through the summer
University of Richmond president, Virginia governor unveil solar array during ribbon-cutting ceremony
Single mother and full-time professional proves that you can earn a degree as a working adult
RSB strives to bring awareness to the gender inequality issue in the undergraduate economics major.
High achieving graduate selected as 2016 SPCS Commencement student speaker
Math instructor receives 2016 Itzkowitz Family Distinguished Adjunct Faculty Award
Living-learning course takes an interdisciplinary look at disasters and memory
From the fashion world to the Peace Corps-how The Richmond MBA brought new direction to a career.
@urichmond on Twitter
- They waited for that big #urichmond envelope, never expecting a delivery like this: https://t.co/kaYD2Zh5wo #URSpecialDelivery #Richmond2020
- #urichmond senior Melissa Ross named NCAA Woman of the Year nominee https://t.co/BBkkF7BMBR #spiderpride
- Keith W. "Mac" McIntosh named #urichmond's next Vice President & Chief Information Officer https://t.co/8ueVEJk5ml https://t.co/1Aa2FJdgXX
- Celebrating #nationalselfieday the #urichmond way! #smile #spiderpride https://t.co/N3i6Ra0NkF
- So much #SpiderPride! https://t.co/wGTu8OIxgv
- So proud of one of our own! Congrats to @D_Geriot, a video coordinator with the @cavs #SpiderPride #NBAFinals 🕷❤️💙 https://t.co/tDnpqbZrjo
- Creating a better world through friendship, leadership, and scholarship. Check out the WILL* program at https://t.co/cY97a1A2jG.
- Thank you for inspiring us for more than 30 years, @SOlympicsVA and @SpecialOlympics athletes. https://t.co/KtoL4e68Ui
- RT @URichmondMag: They were pulling teeth, literally, on the concourse of the Robins Center Saturday. Here's why: https://t.co/VJMDvpCfV2 @…
- “Greetings from Richmond, Virginia: Visitors through the Centuries” on view through August 1 @UR_Downtown https://t.co/m1YrEOP4ju
- RT @URTransit: Boatwright Drive has reopen, service will resume to the Village Shopping Center on the 1PM run.
- .@atlantic10 announces 2016–17 men’s basketball schedule pairings https://t.co/Rhg1R1fqr0
- Vigil for Orlando, a time for campus unity and remembrance, to take place 12:30–1 p.m. today beside the fountain outside Maryland Hall.
- Local basketball stars Buckingham, Sherod reuniting as Spiders via @RTDNEWS https://t.co/LGqoj1rXqd
- RT @URLawSchool: Alum Providence Napoleon, L'11, of @AllenOvery, was named one of D.C.'s top 40 under 40 lawyers. Way to go, Providence! #R…
- ICYMI: UR’s ‘Summer Reading List’ — faculty share what they'll be reading this summer https://t.co/hd290L18ci #URSummerReading
- RT @SpiderAthletics: 74 student-athletes were honored by the @atlantic10 Commissioner's Honor Roll this spring #OneRichmond https://t.co/9Z…
- RT @URLawSchool: Alum @NarroVictor, L91, reviews latest book by alum @MuslimIQ (Qasim Rashid, L12). https://t.co/xbcijZ0olk #TalkToMe #Rich…
- UR receives @theMBL's Social Vision Award honoring commitment to diverse businesses https://t.co/WRBIWyKkW3
UR on Facebook
- They waited and waited for that big envelope, but they never expected a delivery quite like this. Watch as #urichmond surprises two future Spiders. #URSpecialDelivery #Richmond2020
- Congrats to University of Richmond Swimming and Diving senior Melissa Ross, who recently found her name among an elite list of female student-athletes as a nominee for the prestigious NCAA Woman of the Year award. The award recognizes student-athletes who excel in the four areas of academics, athletics, service and leadership. #spiderpride
- Some Tuesday #urichmond wisdom from the Osher Institute at the University of Richmond School of Professional & Continuing Studies. #spiderpride
- Looking for a way to show your #SpiderSpirit in every corner of campus? Support #urichmond with a gift of $5 or more before the end of the fiscal year on June 30. Visit https://www.uronline.net/givenow.
- Congratulations to one of our own! #SpiderPride
- For your weekend reading: a great story from #urichmond magazine editor Matthew Dewald that looks at the inspiring people and events that we were proud to host last weekend when the Special Olympics Virginia brought its summer games to campus for the 32nd year. #spiderpride
- Our campus weathered last night's squall with relatively few arboreal casualties. A huge thank-you to our incredible grounds crew who worked to keep areas safe and clear downed trees. Here's a shot from Eric Palmer of the tree that fell across the main entrance to the University of Richmond School of Law.
- If the heat this week has you longing for time at the pool, you're not alone. Our student writer Jess Dankenbring, '17, wrote this story on the Spider alumni and current students who are carrying on the traditions of our #urichmond synchro club team, shimmering swimsuits and all.
- "I ask that we be here together in recognition of the many histories and collective experiences of violence in which the horrors in Orlando are a part. I ask that we be together as an affirmation of the full humanity of those who most need that affirmation. I ask that we feel also that our being together in this way is a kind of resistance, however small, to the patterns of violence and victimization that haunt us all." —Glyn Hughes, director of Common Ground, at the campus Vigil for Orlando convened by Common Ground and the Chaplaincy
- Yesterday’s tragedy in Orlando reminds us of the fragility of life. Today, our hearts are heavy as we think about those whose lives were taken in this senseless act of violence, the injured, and countless others who have been affected by this brutality. Tomorrow, from 12:30 to 1 p.m., we will offer a time for campus unity and remembrance. Convened by Common Ground and the Chaplaincy, a Vigil for Orlando will take place at Gumenick Quadrangle, beside the fountain outside Maryland Hall. If you are able, please join those who will gather together to consider this moment, express their grief, and share reflections.
- For more than 30 years, #urichmond has been proud to host the Special Olympics Virginia. Tonight, the summer games kick off again. In honor of the joy and support that will be filling the stadium, we're sharing this story about Hannah Stein, '18, who completed a shadowing opportunity with Katie McGinty Botha, C’12, vice president of development and communications for Special Olympics Virginia. To all the athletes who will be competing this weekend: thank you for inspiring us!
- The presidential primaries are mostly over, but the coverage of campaign stumps filled with hype music will continue unabated through November. Read about #urichmond assistant music professor Joanna Love's research on politicians and the music they choose, and then keep on rockin' in the free world. #spidersmarts
- We're up in Washington, D.C., this afternoon talking to Avery Peters, '18, who's interning with the State Department this summer. She's working on the Green Diplomacy Initiative, meeting with members of Congress and other leaders about how to make embassies and federal buildings more energy efficient.
- It took a few deep breaths for one of our staff members to follow the #saveaspiderday message we promoted in March, but she safely relocated this false black widow outside (from beneath her desk in the Puryear basement)! #whew ❤️🕷💙
- There's nothing like summer in the city. #urichmond values exploring and engaging with our city namesake. This summer, University of Richmond Downtown is helping faculty and staff learn more about Richmond through its Summer in the City series -- from exploring the new location for our black history museum to farm-to-table culture. #urengage
- Phase B of the summer construction/road closures is now underway. This stage closes the intersection between Westhampton Way and Gateway Road from the bridge on Westhampton Way to the Ryland Circle exit onto Gateway Road. This phase will also impact access to and from Richmond Way. Please observe and follow all road signage. A map detailing these closures and campus construction is available at http://bit.ly/1SrS0UH.
- Another #SpiderReunion in the books! Hail to Red and Blue! ❤️💙🕷❤️💙
- Meanwhile, back in the present: the classes of '71 and '91 are enjoying their #SpiderReunion receptions in the Robins Center.
- Another flashback! While #urichmond alumni are our VIPs this #SpiderReunion weekend, here's a look at some famous visitors to campus from reunion years. Dwight Eisenhower came to campus shortly after World War II ended and Gerald Ford spoke in the Greek Theatre after his presidency according to the 1981 Web. Can you name others?
- It wouldn't be a #urichmond Boatwright Society gathering if the newest members weren't welcomed in with a bagpipe salute! The weather last night caused a slight delay, but the pipers played in the class of '66 at another 50th Reunion gathering on campus. #SpiderReunion