Screens and Dflyers
University Communications, in partnership with Telecom and Media Support Services (TMSS), works to increase the ease of use for campus contributors and improve the overall quality of communications across the campus network of electronic displays. University Communications also helps maintain the University's brand across the system while TMSS is responsible for the maintenance and technical support of the AxisTV system and software.
- Responsible for completing online training supplied by Visix
- Annual software maintenance fee
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate information
- Adhering to University brand standards
For questions regarding specific screens on campus, contacts are listed below.
|Boatwright Library Administrative Wing||A&S Deans Office||Andrea Almoite|
|Boatwright Library||CTLT||Mike Dixon|
|Boatwright Library||MRC||Lucretia McCulley|
|Boatwright Library||throughout library||Lucretia McCulley|
|Booker Hall||Camp Lobby||Jon Gunter|
|Robins School of Business||Atrium/Moelchert Commons||Kourtney Ennis|
|Carole Weinstein International Center||throughout building||Michael Warchol|
|Heilman Center||Main Lobby||Cindy Stearns|
|Human Resources||Lobby||Ginny Latham|
|Gottwald Center for the Sciences||Atrium entrance||Andrea Almoite|
|Jepson Hall||IS Help Desk||John Hurst/Sam Gibbs|
|Jepson Hall||Leadership||Kerstin Soderlund|
|Modlin Center||Booth Lobby/Jepson Box Office||Jon Gunter|
|Modlin Center||Museum/Print Study Center||Katreena Clark|
|Modlin Center||Music Library||Linda Fairtile|
|Queally Center||Building||Julie Du Pont|
|Weinstein Center||Intramurals Desk||Marti Tomlin-Allen|
|Tyler Haynes Commons||Main Hallway||Chrissy Martinez|
|Tyler Haynes Commons||Office of Career and Alumni Services||Alaina Schneider|
|Tyler Haynes Commons||Transportation Hub||Natalia Green|
|UR Downtown / Richmond on Broad||Cafe Seating Area||Alexandra Byrum|
To request access and training to the AxisTV system, please complete the form below. The person responsible for managing the AxisTV system in your area will be contacted to verify your role.
Training is provided online by Visix. Users are expected to complete training appropriate to their roles, prior to operating AxisTV.
Axis TV Access and Training Request Form
- Most screens on the AxisTV system have a 16:9 ratio and require announcements to be 1280 pixels by 720 pixels.
- If using PowerPoint to create a dflyer, format the presentation to 17.7 x 10 inches. You may also reference the guide on how to create dflyers in PowerPoint.
- The Modlin Center for the Arts accepts arts and entertainment related dflyers that are sized to fit their screens. Dflyer size must be 1080 x 608 pixels (15" x 8.4").
- The Boatwright Memorial Library and the Parsons Music Library typically only post dflyers related to library events and services.
- Final dflyers need to be saved and shared as .jpeg.
Certain units have restrictions regarding submission of dflyers.
- The Tyler Hayens Commons is a popular place to promote events on campus. Given the high volume of submissions, there are specific guidelines and restrictions for their screens.
- Posting in the Gottwald Science Center is limited to events and announcements that pertain to math, the sciences, or services for students. Exceptions are often made for large, university-wide events.
Submissions should include the dates of your event and how long you would like for the dflyer to display. Most units prefer that the dflyer be submitted in .jpg format.
In order to support users of AxisTV and the community of practice on campus, University Communications maintains a listserv for users to communicate with each other.
Student organizations should reference the posting policy for Typer Haynes Commons.
If an issue arises with your AxisTV system, please complete the support form below.
Axis TV Support Form